Set your default auto focus mode to “One Shot” or “Single Shot.”
Set your metering mode to “Evaluative.”
When you want to focus on sharpening your eye, just use Program (P) mode.
Be in Aperture Priority mode.
Set ISO first.
- 400 on overcast day
- If darker, increase.
Set aperture depending on the need.
- small f-number = small area of focus; big f-number = big area of focus.
Let the camera adjust shutter speed.
- Dark = slow shutter speed
- Bright = fast shutter speed
- Slow shutter speed = blur
- To freeze movement, choose 1/125 or faster
Carroll, H. (2014). Read This If You Want to take Great Photographs. Laurence King Publishing Ltd.