Length: 10-12 weeks (More than two months)
- Contains way to book a discovery call.
- Contains questions that will be helpful during discovery call.
- Budget range (this immediately filters less ideal clients)
- Where is their business at right now?
- Explain a bit about their business.
- First question: Do they have branding? If the client has no branding yet, she doesn’t take the project. She directs them to doing branding first with her.
- Next: Is it an ecommerce or just informational website? Ecommerce websites are more expensive and time-consuming.
- Tell them you will send a proposal in two days.
- Customize and make it nice.
- Go everything we discussed.
- Include package details, start date, and payment plan.
- Client has accepted the proposal.
- Client has signed the contract.
- Client has sent the deposit.
Send login details for client portal.
Send another questionnaire for their business needs.
Prepare a video explaining where their taskboard and messages are located
Initial homepage designs
- Once the questionnaire is filled up, start the project.
- Start with homepages and provide two to three designs (at least two of these should be completely different) to choose from.
- If there are no copies and images ready, use placeholder copies and images.
Feedback on designs
- Adjust to the communication preferences of the client.
- Adobe XD allows you to comment on specific parts of the design.
- Give them 4-5 questions to answer to facilitate their feedback giving.
Design interior pages
- Also any edits to the home page
- Find inspiration from different places
- Use home page design to direct the design of the other pages
- You don’t need to mockup each product page, just one sample is enough.
- Always provide a video run-through of why you designed what you designed.
Get feedback and hire copywriter
- This round of feedback is so important. When you get to development, you don’t want a lot of editing. Emphasize this to the client also.
Web development begins
- Two weeks
- Accept a few design changes
- Send an email to your client on launch day. Make it fun.
- Include some complementary launch graphics.