A New Way Of Operating
Show your work while you are focused on getting really good at it.
Focus on creating.
Then consistently post bits, pieces, and ideas about what you are creating.
1. You Don’t Have To Be A Genius
FIND A SCENIUS
Become a valuable part of a scenius by contributing:
- Quality of connections
- Conversations you start
BE AN AMATEUR
Become a lifelong learner.
Learn in the open.
- Think about what you want to learn.
- Make a commitment to learn it in front of others.
- Find a scenius.
- Pay attention to what they are sharing.
- Take note of what they’re not sharing.
- Fill out the voids that you can fill with your efforts, no matter how bad they are at first.
- Don’t worry about how you’ll make money or a career off it.
- Forget about being an expert or a professional.
- Wear your amateurism (heart + love).
- Share what you love and the people who love the same things will find you.
YOU CAN’T FIND YOUR VOICE IF YOU DON’T USE IT
The only way to find your voice is to use it.
Talk about that things you love. Your voice will follow.
If you want people to know about what you do and the things you care about, you have to share.
2. Think Process, Not Product
TAKE PEOPLE BEHIND THE SCENES
Take advantage of the Internet and social media.
Share your day-to-day process.
This will help you form a unique bond with your audience.
Your audience long to be creative and be a part of the creative process.
Kleon, A. (2014). Show Your Work!: 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered. Workman Publishing Company.