For photos taken in iPhone
- Everything gets local backup
- Then backed up in icloud
For photos taken from DSLR
- Every 1-2 years he buys a Sandisk SSD 2 TB.
- Everything goes there.
24 MP is enough. No need for 48 MP.
His entire laptop + Sandisk SSD 2 TB (Photo Library) -> Backblaze
He has a design and photography folder (4 TB) in his computer that gets backup in Dropbox (50% local sync).
Creates an external backup of laptop + sandisk via Carbon Copy Cloner on Western Digital.
For video, he included a 6-drive synology (30 TB).
- Don’t depend on RAID as a backup.
- Synology has a Drop Box Client which makes a 100% copy of what he has in DropBox
- CM makes another backup of the Sandisk SSD
Uses a cheap storage option (Glacier) to backup his entire Synology drive.
Craig Mod. (2021, August 23). A Most Boring Livestream—Photo Backup Strategy & Editing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zYMUYoEXs