Lahat tayo bakla Pagbuwag sa metanarratives: cyborg, queer, hybrid
- queer: gender, identity
- hybrid: colonialism
- cyborg: feminism
Cyborg Manifesto by
critical theory (monolithic) + creative writing
Bakit walang sci fi sa Pilipinas? Bakit walang nature writing sa Pilipinas? (problematize)
- 3 novels tell nature as nature
- Abad, Bienvinido Santos “The Volcano”
- outside of this metaphorical ang nature
- pagtanaw sa kalikasan bilang kalikasan
- how do we problematize something we assume is authentic?
- authentic is not highly authentic
- local is already an interaction
- scientific but not scientistic
- black and white din ba tingin natin sa hybrid?
- magsasaka hybrid ang knowledge, cyborg, posthuman (nag-GGMO din sila, genetic modify pero para sa kanilang pamilya at community)
- bakit mo ako pinutol sa video, nagmukha akong manananggal
- awareness of your intervention to the creation of a new “authentic”
- where is the nature writing in Philippine lit? political ecology (Makling Dulag case, the first pol eco anthro work, journalistic)
- baliktaran: jejemon and english scholarly work
- multiple languages: three columns, three different languages (abandon categories even form)
- Five families: one chapter per family member
- there are biologists who start by studying folklore
- hybrid dahil maraming concerns
- juxtaposes pagbabakla at kalikasan
- hybridity in sensibility: the meeting of different things in terms of process and thinking
- queer writing = playfulness (comes from questioning the idea of representation)
- ecocriticism seems to be not playfulness
- use speculative and sci fi to represent nature (not just doomsday sayers)
- put proposition in the title
- improve specifity and context
- synthesizing skills
- ano ang urgency nito? Bakit mo ito sinusulat ngayon?
- write in the now.
- return to the personal: basic yan ng storytelling. don’t let theory hamper you.
- visualization: 1 page
- Great Arrangement (chapter 1 “stories”)
- issue sa “pagbabakla”
- queer = bakla? -> akla
- ito bay hybrid o pastiche lang
- hybrid is conceptual hindi patche
- Jeep na Uso-uso (made from surplus ng Japan, chop-chop sa pier)
- Silent Spring
- emotional truth in investigative research
- improve observational powers
- direct attention to the idea that not everyon has access to tech like QR code (citified experience)
- Franz Arcillana
- encantatory of style and manner of questioning
- patterns of nature and how they talk with us -> queerify your writing
- add Filipino intellectual tradition
- pralye na nag-aral ng halamang Pinoy
- move from representation to construction
- how are the text you are putting here constructing so the literary work can have more agency? to change our minds.
- The demand of putting these elements together is so high
- how they are conversing?
- more ingredients -> you are obliged to make a relationship between all of them
- solution: 1) lessen the elements (focus on cyborg, the others just support it), find the center where everything revolves
- give me a sign that you are destroying something
- you shouldnt just cite them, engage them. dont let them say the last word. ano ang ambag mo?
- what is your labor not as researcher but writer?
- module well-curated
- queer ang Baguio
- sinisira o trinatransform ang sarili?
- kapag humahaba ang piece lumalakas ang centrifugal
- write about many things, make it shorter; write few, make long
- We were trained to do research as if field
- Where were you disatisfied in your training that made you move into the way to present.
- Poetics: to go against standards
- Make your deviations purposeful
- identity is processual
- what is the center where all of these come from? emotional truth
- this is not about cyborg and queer (support only because it is experimental)
- interrogate your relationship with your partner while you interrogate the stories
- modular so safe.