- 2 lbs. pork belly sliced into cubes
- 2 to 3 cups kangkong leaves
- 3 pieces long green chili pepper siling pansigang
- 2 pieces tomato quartered
- 1 cup sliced daikon radish labanos
- 10 to 12 pieces snake beans cut in 2 inch length pieces
- 1 piece onion
- 15 pieces okra
- 2 pieces taro peeled and cut in half (gabi)
- 8 cups water
- 2 packs Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix Original (20 gram pack)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour water into a cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add onion and tomato. Boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put the pork in the cooking pot. Boil for 25 minutes.
- Add the taro. Cover and continue to boil for 30 minutes.
- Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc mix, fish sauce, and ground black pepper; stir.
- Put the daikon radish in. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chili peppers, okra, and snake beans. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the kangkong. Cover the cooking pot and turn off the heat. Let it stay covered for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to as serving bowl. Serve with a small bowl with patis and spicy chili.
- Use any cut of pork that you prefer.Beef can also be used for this recipe.
- If using it, add more cooking time to ensure that the beef gets tender.