There are four parts to my Monthly review:
Part I: Write the monthly report.
- Determine my general progress in projects and areas by reviewing all Daily review reports for the past month to create a monthly report (Monthly reports). Use the monthly report template.
- Still in your monthly report, list other noteworthy things like events, movies, TV series, and music you listened to during the month.
- While writing the monthly report, do the following whenever necessary:
- Transfer emergent tasks to Things 3.
- Transfer emergent projects to Things 3.
- Adjust list of areas across Obsidian, Finder/Dropbox, Google Drive, and Things as needed.
Part II: Review my sky level
- Review my purpose is to live deliberately.
- Review my vision statement.
- Review my personal narrative vision for the year.
- Bold parts that could be addressed with new projects.
- Highlight parts that fit more into Areas.
- Code-format parts that have been achieved.
- Put (?) at the end of projects that may be dropped or postponed for the next year.
- Review and update my life goals master list (refer to How to set goals).
- Transfer completed goals to Done.
- If there are incomplete goals, carry them over to the current month or return them to Someday/Maybe.
- If there are no incomplete goals, check for any remaining goals under the primary focus and choose there.
- If the primary focus list is empty or lacking at least one of five goals, review the Next list and promote goals to Primary Focus.
- Update timelines for chosen goals for the month.
- Update wording/definition of goals.
- Add new goals.
- Review and update Project List.
- Do all of these first in my task manager then replicate across other apps if necessary.
- My project list should only include projects I know I can accomplish in the current month.
- Park all other projects I plan on taking on in a future date under “Someday”.
- Archive any completed or inactive projects.
- Refer back to my updated list of life goals for the month and create a project for each goal.
- Write the goal for each project.
- Update the goal for other projects already in the list (usually, carryovers from last month).
- Put a deadline for each project.
- Order projects by global priority.
Part III: Housekeeping
- Review Someday/Maybe items.
- Reprioritize tasks.
- Empty trash in task manager and Talahardin.