There are three parts to my annual review process:
- Aggregate the annual report.
- Perform the core of the annual review.
- Write the annual review article and publish it
Part I: Aggregate the annual report
- Start the process on January 3 of the year (this is to give way for monthly financial review process and the monthly review first).
- Copy and paste the summary of each monthly report (monthly reports) into a new annual reports. Use the Annual report format.
- Use the annual report to accomplish the core of the annual review.
Part II: Perform the core of the annual review
- gratitude lists: Write a gratitude list.
- past and coming year questions: Review your past year and think about the present year.
- My life areas: Review areas of responsibility and set new standards if needed.
- life goals: Add new goals and corresponding projects. Refer to how to set goals.
- personal narrative vision: Review last year’s personal narrative vision and write next year’s.
- Routines and reviews: Review last year’s routines and update them if necessary. Re-evaluate the following:
- Share the results of your annual review to the people who are important to you: your partner, family, friends, and colleagues.
Part III: Write the annual review article and publish it
- Use the previous year’s annual review article, your list of goals from the previous year, and your list of goals in the coming year to write a draft of the previous year’s annual review article.
- Format as a blog post, publish, then share in social media.
- Format it as a newsletter article then send it to email list.