The core process of intentional living
Intentional living follows the following process:
- Set a Goal. The goal is a desired End state. Since it hasn’t happened yet, it is simply a Concepts.
- Lay out the steps toward the goal (simple goals involve a few Actions; complicated goals require a combination of projects, habits, and actions).
- Act to pursue the goal (You act to get what you want).
After the end state arrives, the doer continues the process through the following steps:
- review and reflect on whether the the end state matched the original desire or goal. This is the basis of reviews.
- Based on the comparison between the original desire and the end state, decide whether to pursue the goal again or set a new goal.
This is the core process of intentional living, which gets complicated when several actions are involved.
- Create a more proper infographic of the following illustration: