Assuming that you have chosen a good book, you can apply the my studying process to produce two kinds of artifacts:
To arrive at these artifacts, follow the following steps:
- Read the text while highlighting anything that is useful. Be very selective with your highlights.
- Extract your highlights and put these in a note in Zotero.
- Create a new note and process your highlights into literature notes.
- Convert literature notes to permanent notes (how to convert literature notes to permanent notes).
- Use permanent notes to write structure notes, outline notes, and drafts.
Tietze, C. (200 C.E., 24:32). Use a Short Knowledge Cycle to Keep Your Cool. Zettelkasten. https://www.zettelkasten.de/posts/knowledge-cycle-efficiently-organize-writing-projects/