Below are the arguments that led me to understand what I am to do with my life.
# The framework
- We didn’t choose to exist.
- Life is inherently meaningless.
- Even if life is inherently meaningless, we can still live meaningfully.
- Believing on a God can be convenient, but God does not exist.
- Since God does not exist and There is no single purpose everyone must follow, I am left to DIY how to live.
- The formula for a good life is simply this: To live well simply means to set your own intentions and live according to them.
- To live intentionally requires adequate self-knowledge
- To fulfill one’s intentions, one needs to have adequate knowledge about the world.
- When transitioning from unintentional to intentional living, you need to know enough about what you want and how you are going to get what you want. The former requires self-knowledge. The latter requires knowledge about the world.
# My process
- A part of my DIY how to live project is ensuring that I am free of pain and happy as much as possible.Happiness
- But then, I realize that Happiness is not the ultimate value, and that I also need Meaning.
- These arguments led me to a simple articulation of my purpose: “My purpose is to understand reality and respond to it appropriately so I can live a happy and meaningful life.”
# The metaphor
Seeing life through this metaphor makes Walking relevant and writing walking excursions appropriate. I am an existent who ultimately doesn’t know where he came from. I came to a space that is foreign. I didn’t choose to be here. This space can be tough. There is one way out: death. And yet I chose to live. In this space, I take a walk slowly to understand where I am and try to live with curiosity. First, I do it only to survive, but I realize I am capable of more than that. I walk to learn the geography because I can attend to other existents who occupy the same space. I can attend in some way that I create happiness and meaning, things that are not innately in the space, things that only I, the being with the mind, could provide. The space is meaningless and I have the capacity to bring meaning to it. It is as if I was chosen to do this very work.
- To develop this line of thought, review Field notes from 2022-07-12.
- This has to be updated especially your references about God.
- Perhaps connect here all the metaphors you mentioned in _index