How to improve writing through ultralearning
- Metalearning: He examined other popular bloggers and authors. He used their methods to create a map for what he needs to do to become a successful writer.
- Focus: He immediately became a full-time writer. He used the vast majority of his time reading and writing.
- Directness: He learned writing by writing. He set a schedule for himself to write.
- Drill: He systematically broke down each aspect of writing articles—the headline, the introductory sentence, the transitions, the storytelling, etc. He put together spreadsheets filled with examples of each segment. He tested and refined his ability to perform each small aspect of the larger task.
- Feedback: He personally emailed his subscribers to ask for feedback on his writing.
Young, S. (2019). Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career (Illustrated edition). Harper Business.