You perform a Metalearning project by asking three questions:
- Why am I learning what I am learning?
- What knowledge and abilities do I need to acquire?
- How am I going to acquire the knowledge and abilities I need?
Answering these questions involve the following steps:
- Articulate your motivation for learning to help you focus on what matters.
- Identify concepts, facts, and procedures to understand the knowledge structure of a subject.
- Analyze concepts, facts, and procedures to identify bottlenecks in your learning project.
- Apply benchmarking and emphasizing-excluding to know how to learn effectively.
Young, S. (2019). Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career (Illustrated edition). Harper Business.